Friday, June 12, 2015

Cookie Love #3 - Brownie Crinkles


This is part of my Cookie Love challenge.

I'd never made Brownie Crinkles before and let me just say...they are awesome. The recipe was pretty simple. But it dirtied several dishes, which is never a plus. It had me using four different bowls! FOUR! In my house, I don't do the dishes. EVER. So, I felt really bad about filling up the sink this time. Actually, I think I did clean a few, that's how bad I felt about the amount of dishes I had to use. 

To note, that I needed to let the dough chill for at least 30 minutes before scooping and baking. 

I tried a little bit of the dough (OK, it looked like a ball of pure chocolate, who wouldn't try it?) and it tasted pretty salty. The recipe called for a teaspoon of sea salt, and I was surprised that the taste was so strong. But once baked, it wasn't as strong. It was a little strange eating a brownie cookie and it being a little salty, but no one mentioned it, and a lot of people ate them. So, maybe I'm just weird? 

My mouth is watering just looking at these! 

Once they cooled, Rob had four...FOUR! The next day, Sophie ate one while shaking her head up and down and giving me the thumbs up. 

Cookie Love: 60 Recipes and Techniques for Turning the Ordinary into the Extraordinary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh those look soooo good!