Thursday, May 21, 2015

Cookie Love #2 - Oatmeal Scotchies

This is part of my Cookie Love challenge.

Hmm. This is one of those cookies that I knew I wouldn't like, but I really wanted to try. I love oatmeal cookies. I hate butterscotch. I love chewy cookies. I hate crunchy cookies. These cookies contain butterscotch AND are really thin and crunchy. Still...
I made them, tried them, and hated them.



So to start, the recipe said that I needed to toast my oats in the oven. Then I needed to take two tablespoons of the toasted oats and grind them in a spice grinder. What? I don't have one of those. So, I didn't do any grinding.

These cookies were hard for me to make, not that it was a difficult recipe, it wasn't, it was super simple. But solely because I was required to discourage fluffiness. After several minutes in the oven, I had to tap the cookie sheet to flatten them out. In return for disrupting their baking time, I was rewarding with thin, crunchy, nearly burnt on some, cookies.

Rob said...
"My life will be complete if I ever have to eat one of those again."

Sophie said...
"Yummm... I love them and they are allllll mine!"

Every co-worker who tried one said...

"Those where awesome or really good or amazing!" 
To note: Rob hates butterscotch more than I do.


Cookie Love: 60 Recipes and Techniques for Turning the Ordinary into the Extraordinary

No comments: