Friday, May 15, 2015

Cookie Love #1 - Snickerdoodle


“Any Which Way But You Will Never Lose” Snickerdoodles

This is part of my Cookie Love challenge.


This recipe looked pretty simple. And I had all the ingredients that you need for a snickerdoodle. But, I omitted the sea salt flakes. (I probably shouldn't have, but the cookies still turned out tasty.) 

Any cookie that is rolled in cinnamon and sugar is bound to be tasty.
I don’t know why, but I have never been able to get my snickerdoodles to be fluffy. There is a recipe out there, that produces the perfect fluffyness, and I have yet to find it. Or maybe, I’m just not cut out to make fluffy snickerdoodles.


The book notes how the cream of tartar and the baking soda interact to give the cookies their soft centers. So maybe, my tartar and soda aren't reacting right, because I think my cookies are more crunchy than soft. But then again, maybe, my snickerdoodle standards are just ridiculously high…




Sophia actually cried when she saw the box of cookies I was taking to work. "Mommy, you're taking our cookies. Whhhyyyy?" Then I had to further explain to her that I was taking less than half, and that she was going to have plenty to eat when she came home from daycare.


Cookie Love: 60 Recipes and Techniques for Turning the Ordinary into the Extraordinary

No comments: