Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Food Review - Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Singles

I love new products. I'm a sucker for them. I'm always buying them and like most people, when I get my hands on a coupon, by-golly I'm buying it...at least once.

I'm also always struggling with what to pack myself for lunch. I'm not big on leftovers. Actually, I really don't like them at all, with the exception of a few meals: chicken n' noodles, spaghetti, chili/soups, and that's about it.

I found a new product that I wanted to try, and I thought I would try my hand a reviewing it. So here goes...


Product: Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Singles - Ultimate Cheeseburger Mac
Price: I think around $3. When I bought it I wasn't thinking "Hey! I should review this!"
Cooking Method: Microwave for 60 seconds
Rating: 6 out of 10

I was really excited for this product. If you know me well, you will know that I am a total Mac and Cheese snob. I am a fan of Velveeta's Mac so like I said, I was pretty excited.


It only took a minute to warm up then you squeeze the pouch of Velveeta and give it a good stir.

My thoughts...

First Bite: Ok, not bad. Maybe I'll give it an 8.
Following Bites: Yeah, not so sure I'm gonna finish this...

It wasn't terrible. I didn't eat the whole thing, maybe 80% of it. It might have been whatever was keeping the cooked noodles and meat from spoiling, but it was a tad slimy before adding the small amount of cheese.

I may try the other flavors: Chicken Chili Mac, Chicken Alfrado, and Laszanga with Meat Sauce. Here is a link to Velveeta's Facebook product page.

Nutritional Facts: 
Serving Size: 1 Package
Calories: 330
Fat: 12g
Cholesterol: 25mg
Sodium: 1020mg
Carbs: 37g
Protein: 18g

No comments: